WA Practice Nurses Association, Inc.
(ABN: 77 328 742 618)

WAPNA - Frequently Asked Questions

Question 1. Where can I obtain information about emigrating to Australia and working as a nurse?

Answer. Intending emigrants to Australia should check the web site of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, who will be able to provide detailed advice.

The following web pages provided information that is likely to be of interest to nurses who seek to migrate to Australia. A general overview of immigration to Australia is available here.

Nurses must be registered before they can work in their profession in Australia. Full information on registration can be obtained from the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Board.

You might also wish to check out here for visa options for nurses.

Also, further information pertaining to Nursing in Australia may be obtained from The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). This is the organisation responsible for the registration and accreditation of health professions across Australia. Click here for access to their site for further information

Note that the information provided above was correct in December, 2014, when the response was prepared. Please confirm that it is still accurate by checking with more authoritative websites.